Hi

Hi, Thanks for dropping by.

My name is Eileen but to friends in the card making world I'm known as 'ikki'. (which is pronounced I-KEY) From where or how this came about I'm not sure - it just got shorten from my original craft name of Ikemo by various friends along my crafting way! I started crafting whilst recouperating from an accident, and from my first attempts with peeloffs and paint - I was hooked! Now my passion is my BUG! and now BEADING!

In the Cupboard you will find ideas, news, tips and techniques to help you get more from this fab little machine. So come in - join the fun and Cuttle with me!


Tuesday 1 January 2013

A New Year


A New Year and I thought I'd open the cupboard door and say "hello".

I'm very aware that I was not around much in 2012 and I'm unsure if things will change in 2013! As far as cuttling and inspiration to make cards goes, little has changed - my mojo is still missing, BUT I have been offered a glimmer of a challenge that may inspire me to get out my mountain of stash and start again - nothing definite is settled, but I'm hopeful! It may even be that it is my gemstone jewellery that brings me back to blogging.......fingers crossed.

I would like to thank you all for your support and messages, your concern and thoughtfulness has touched me greatly and I really appreciate you popping by to keep the cupboard going. My good wishes to you all for health and happiness in 2013 and hopefully I will be catching up with you soon.

So I'm leaving the cupboard door open and just saying bye for now.

16 comments:

CathyC said...

Happy New Year to you too!
Gemstones jewellery - sounds intriguing ........ as a closet beaded jewellery maker, I would love to see what you are doing.

Cheryl W. said...

Happy New Year, Ikki! So good to see a post from you in my reader. I'm looking forward to however many posts you share with us in 2013. I hope you have a terrific year.

Jackie said...

Wonderful to see you Ikki, I hope that 2013 brings you lots to make you smile. I will be looking out for your return to crafting :o)
Jackie xx

sue said...

Hi Ikki,
Lovely to read a post from you - I have checked regularly to see if you are back!! Happy New Year and hope to see you blogging again soon. Sue Barker

chrissy xx said...


So glad you popped your head out of the cupboard ...We are still out here lol. I'll send Best Wishes you way for 2013.
Chrissyxx

Gill said...

Hi Ikki,
Glad to see you back, I've really missed your posts. Happy, Peaceful and Healthy New Year to you!
Gill

Aquarius said...

How great to see the cupboard door is open again - missed you. Wishing you all the best of health, happiness and prosperity for 2013 and I for one will look forward to seeing some jewellery on your blog - it is another interest (should say addiction) for me too. No wonder the days just disappear so quickly!!

Judith said...

Happy New Year Ikki, so pleased to see you back if only briefly, and looking forward to anything you share with us in the coming year.

Andrea, said...

Hope to see you back blogging soon Eileen. happy new year

Christine B. said...

Hi Ikki glad to see you opening the door. Have missed your posts. I wish a very Happy New Year and health and happiness for 2013. Take care Hugs x ChrisB

Miranda said...

Hi Ikki, good to hear from you, hope you are OK? And looking forward to any creative outburst you may have! Wishing you also a healthy, and inspirational 2013!
warm greet Mirandax

CathyC said...

Hi Ikki, thanks for leaving a comment on my blog. I have been on the look out for some beading blogs and came across this one
http://thefrugalcrafter.wordpress.com/2013/01/08/woyww-unstuck-beads-and-soldering-savvy/
I am still on the lookout so will send you the occasional link when I find one ;-)
happy beading
Cathy

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Hi Ikki ah good to hear form you and yes we hope the open door remains that way and we see more of the incredibly lovely work you can do.. every blessing, Shaz in Oz.x
Ps it is because of you I now blog you were my challenge encouragement learning tool before I even dreamed of one of my own so pray we may indeed see you back.

Twiglet said...

Happy New Year Ikki - good to "see" you. Gemstones sound interesting - hope we get to see what you do. x Jo

Wendy L said...

Sounds interesting so shall await with baited breath, xxx

Debbie said...

Happy New Year. So pleased to you you back in blogland.
Debbie