Hi

Hi, Thanks for dropping by.

My name is Eileen but to friends in the card making world I'm known as 'ikki'. (which is pronounced I-KEY) From where or how this came about I'm not sure - it just got shorten from my original craft name of Ikemo by various friends along my crafting way! I started crafting whilst recouperating from an accident, and from my first attempts with peeloffs and paint - I was hooked! Now my passion is my BUG! and now BEADING!

In the Cupboard you will find ideas, news, tips and techniques to help you get more from this fab little machine. So come in - join the fun and Cuttle with me!


Friday 10 June 2011

Friday Followers Gallery

Hi here, you will remember that recently, Phyllis from Diamond Card Crafts generously donated a Mandala Board for one of my readers.  The winner of the gift was Cheryl  and the other day I received this lovely message.....

"Hi, Eileen - I have finally found some time to play with the Mandala Reflections Board and I am having so much fun with it! The first thing that came to mind was to use it to make some quick thank you notes to use next Christmas. I always get a little tired of crafting after making nearly 100 Christmas cards plus dozens of gift tags. So, here's a picture of the quick thank you notes I made - so easy, and the Mandala Board gave them a little extra pizzaz!

The next card I made was a baby card. I debossed a strip of paper and then swiped the strip with a pink inkpad. Then I made an envelope and used the Mandala Board to give it that exta special touch. Here's a couple of photos

I made the decorative strip for the baby card out of a left over strip of white cardstock. What a great way to use up scraps!! Also, after I embossed the envelope, I gently rubbed the embossing with a little shimmery pink chalk for emphasis. I love the way it turned out.

Thanks again. The board is great and I know I will use it often. I don't have a ton of crafting tools so it will be a prized possession! Please pass my emails along to your contact at Diamond Crafts if you wish. I'd actually like them to know how grateful I am and how much I like the board.   I think that I will have a lot of fun thinking of other ways to use the board. If I come up with anything I think is out of the ordinary, I'll send you a photo. Thanks again for all your wonderful advice and inspiration. Cheryl"

Thanks Cheryl, I'm so pleased you are enjoying using this great aid to crafting and I know Phyllis will be delighted to see you are using her board and coming up with some fab ideas.  Since today is Friday, I'm going to enter both cards in my FFG. 


5 comments:

ShazInOzCardsCalligraphy said...

Love Cheryl's cards for Christmas thanks very very nice and well done on the use of this board, Shaz in Oz.x

Aquarius said...

How good to know that the prize board is coming in so useful.

Erum Tasneem said...

Such beautiful CAS cards!

Merry said...

What lovely creations...that embossing is so pretty.

Cheryl W. said...

I am a new follower, Shaz, and I love your work - especially your calligraphy. I tried to learn it on my own a few years ago, but just didn't seem to get anywhere. I'd still like to learn, though. Any tips?