Hi

Hi, Thanks for dropping by.

My name is Eileen but to friends in the card making world I'm known as 'ikki'. (which is pronounced I-KEY) From where or how this came about I'm not sure - it just got shorten from my original craft name of Ikemo by various friends along my crafting way! I started crafting whilst recouperating from an accident, and from my first attempts with peeloffs and paint - I was hooked! Now my passion is my BUG! and now BEADING!

In the Cupboard you will find ideas, news, tips and techniques to help you get more from this fab little machine. So come in - join the fun and Cuttle with me!


Sunday 30 January 2011

Marianne Creatable Dies

Hope my baby turtles made you smile, but how strange it is to hear your own voice!  By the way, it's not me shouting "Go Marky go", I christen my two babies Pedro and Grande and they both made the sea - wonder if they are still battling the waves?  Apparently, if they survive the dangers, they return to the same beach in 4 years time to lay their own eggs. 

I've been crafting this afternoon and used a new Marianne die that I bought a couple of weeks ago. 


Can't show you what I'm working on, but it included this little birdie.  You may wonder why it's sitting on an old Christmas card, well I was testing cutting and embossing it using the back of the card - it's a glossy type of card, and I found by accident that the embossing shows up really well.  So if you've not binned your chrissie cards, and are in to recycling  - you may like to try this!  Another tip would be to cover the back with DST before you emboss - and you get an instant sticker!

PS: Tomorrow at midnight, I will close the draw for the scoreboard - you need to be in it to win it! 


5 comments:

Scrapcat 1 said...

love the bird can't wait to see what you have done with it

Julia Dunnit said...

Ooh I have this die too Ikki - wonder if you'll use it as much as I have...great tip with the glossy stock.

Carolynne said...

I have this die too and I use it a lot. I quite often cut off the bird and use the leaves as foliage on my card. I now have quite a few wee birds in my stash

xx

Unknown said...

This die is on my wish list Ikki - its a lovely one and i'm sure that it will look great on all sorts of cards.

Paula x x x

Aquarius said...

Love the bird and thanks for the handy tip about using backs of cards - I wouldn't have thought of that!!