Hi

Hi, Thanks for dropping by.

My name is Eileen but to friends in the card making world I'm known as 'ikki'. (which is pronounced I-KEY) From where or how this came about I'm not sure - it just got shorten from my original craft name of Ikemo by various friends along my crafting way! I started crafting whilst recouperating from an accident, and from my first attempts with peeloffs and paint - I was hooked! Now my passion is my BUG! and now BEADING!

In the Cupboard you will find ideas, news, tips and techniques to help you get more from this fab little machine. So come in - join the fun and Cuttle with me!


Wednesday 29 December 2010

Using your small dies - Nestabilities, Marianne

My posts this week are  thinking about using the dies and folders you have stashed away.  By thinking out of the box, you will be able to take your stash out of the box and use them!
 
Take for example the smallest dies that you get in sets......do you ever use them?    If you do great, please share your ideas with me.  If not, here are a few ideas of mine.....

On this card I used the Create a flake 2# die (1# being the smallest) to make aperture card.  The small Christmas tree can be used in the same way.

These leaf and swirl dies from Mariane made nice embellishments

but  the leaf also will also make  interesting border

and with flower dies again from Marianne...another type aperture card
and the cut-outs I used to embellish inside the card


The smallest die in the Nestie Heart set makes what I call charms

the butterfly die does the same job and you can add numbers or initials for whatever occasion

Just a few ideas from some of my favourite cards.

You will find tutorials for all of these cards and more by looking at the Labels Section on the sidebar "Using small dies".


No comments: