Hi

Hi, Thanks for dropping by.

My name is Eileen but to friends in the card making world I'm known as 'ikki'. (which is pronounced I-KEY) From where or how this came about I'm not sure - it just got shorten from my original craft name of Ikemo by various friends along my crafting way! I started crafting whilst recouperating from an accident, and from my first attempts with peeloffs and paint - I was hooked! Now my passion is my BUG! and now BEADING!

In the Cupboard you will find ideas, news, tips and techniques to help you get more from this fab little machine. So come in - join the fun and Cuttle with me!


Tuesday 1 June 2010

Thanks and a question

My thoughts this morning are again turned to you my friends and fellow crafters, I want to thank you all for your lovely comments and support.   Crafting can be quite an isolate hobby as often our family and friends cannot understand our desire to craft; to shop: to buy!  So without you being there I think I would be a very lonely crafter!  Blogging has been a great experience for me, and I'm sure it's a feeling shared by many - it's given me the means for sharing my work, learning new skills and most importantly making new friends.

The cupboard is getting quite full!  So full, in fact, that I have forgotten some of the items I have tucked away.  It's a bit like our workdesks, things get pushed to the back! Since Jan 2009 I have posted  253 times; the Cupboard has been hit over 158000 times, and 480 of you lovely worldwide friends have become followers,  but I wonder if you can find what you want?  So I have added a search facility to help you find things, and would be interested to know if it works, if not I will have to look at changing a few of the labels?!?!!?

Today my card is again from Elusive Images - Eastern Grasses ....stamped in Adirondack Coffee ink and slightly coloured with Distress ink - Scattered Straw then embossed with, of course, a touch of the obligatory die cutting with a corner from the Vintage Corner Set.  The cream base card has a leather effect finish.
I have not tried a sepia look before, but I will be doing it again.
As the card says:
 "Best Wishes to you all and Many Thanks"

18 comments:

kay said...

fab card ikki and what a good idea adding the search facilty,x

Lynne K said...

I love the sepia look on this card. Against the white background it looks so elegant and classy, and the Vintage Corner is the perfect finishing touch. Lovely!

I agree totally about the blogging - that's why I do it too. It has opened up a whole new world for me.

Anne said...

What a beautiful classic card. I love it.
I have only recently started blogging in my own right although I have been checking out other blogs for a few months and as you say it is a great experience. it is wonderful to see what others think of your work!
Anne

Max said...

Oooo'errr like the new search thingy. Typed in 'ribbon' and up popped a plethera of different posts to choose from ... multiple pages ... right in front of me ... fabby!
Love the image and the sepia tones but would probably have used hammered cream rather than white as the base card for a softer overall look.

Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx

Bettythebaglady said...

You are so right about this being a lonely hobby that you are desperate to share with others and get hints and tips. I sometimes forget that all the tricks and techniques I've picked up might not be known to others. Other times I would just love to get together IRL with everyone out there and craft with no idea of meals to get, shopping to do jobs to go to for some etc etc. Blog land does make a lot of this possible. Thanks so much for sharing Ikki.That card is lovely and the Elusive images stamps are beautiful-as for the vintage swirl-something else for my wish list.Keep on rummaging in that cupboard and thanks for the search facility -wish I were so bloggily competent. Hugs BettyXXX

Julia Dunnit said...

Another lovely card Ikki - and well done on the impressive stats - this blogging thing is amazing. I only do it for the publicity. !!!

theboelemas@aol.com said...

Such an elegant card. I love the sepia tones, an inspiration as always. x

My name is Andie said...

Great card thanks for the inspiration
I have just finished my new blog
andiesattic
Andie

Annie said...

gorgeous.
Ann xxx

Netty said...

Very classic card, sepia looks good. Annette x

Jose said...

Gorgeous card, and the write-up was as if you were writing about me :) Firstly making new friends from all over the world, I have even travelled 10,570 miles and met up with a blogging friend, and yes, I have things in my cupboard that I havent seen for several months! but it all good fun!

Heather said...

Hi Eileen. hope you're well. This one really caught my eye for two reason - one I love your treatment of the gorgeous image, two I have these Elusive Images stamp set - as yet un-inked I'm ashamed to say - think you might have inspired me to give it an outing - thanks.
hugs Heather xx

Christine said...

Gorgeous card Eileen, love your colours, so elegant. Have used your search facility and it is brilliant, thanks for having good blog know how.
Hugs
Christine xx

ShazInOzCardsCalligraphy said...

Hi Eileen, I am from the country in Oz and so dont have much contact with fellow crafters.I am also new to your blog only followed about a fortnight and have used your search engine before with no success. However today on one item "scoreboard" I did get four results which was very pleasing as have been trying to figure how get the scoreboard effects that you did, as mine did not look like it and I see I have been using the wrong tool (I was using a scorer. I will also see for triple embossing as not sure how you can do that as well? ah! again success, so a huge WELL done from a satisfied user of your altogether brilliant blog! You did want feedback on this so here 'tis!
Shaz in Oz.

Jackie said...

Good morning Ikki, What a wonderful card, sepia is a great favourite of mine and this image is beautiful. Your search works brilliantly, I typed in "flowers" and loads of options came up :o)
Jackie xx

Eileen said...

I love sepia,this card is just elegant and pretty ....I know how you feel about 'blogging' I am having so much fun and it's all down to you and 'the cupboard' I found you ...loved what you were doing and thought ...now this is the way to go!!..My family, as you say, don't really understand however much they support what I do ...but my new Crafty blog family are a joy! many thanks Eileen.....Eileen xx

Scrapcat 1 said...

What a stunner Ikki, thanks for adding the search feature too.

Jocelyn aka JoBear2 said...

Stunning and elegant card Ikki. LOVE the sepia look.

I agree that crafting can be an isolating experience. Others don't understand, and I sometimes get the comment "I don't know why you'd bother to go to all that trouble - it's JUST a card - people will throw it away". They just don't "get" it. But rest assured Ikki, us Bloggers and Followers understand - and we love how you share your ideas and tips and your beautiful cards - and what a wonderful & joyful hobby it is. We "get it". It's been my lifeline while I have been recovering from a protracted illness - helped me get thru the day. {{{Hugs}}} to you Ikki :-)