Hi

Hi, Thanks for dropping by.

My name is Eileen but to friends in the card making world I'm known as 'ikki'. (which is pronounced I-KEY) From where or how this came about I'm not sure - it just got shorten from my original craft name of Ikemo by various friends along my crafting way! I started crafting whilst recouperating from an accident, and from my first attempts with peeloffs and paint - I was hooked! Now my passion is my BUG! and now BEADING!

In the Cupboard you will find ideas, news, tips and techniques to help you get more from this fab little machine. So come in - join the fun and Cuttle with me!


Tuesday 25 May 2010

Cuttlebug - Vintage Corners

Goodness - the weather folks got it right, there is a change in the weather today!  Here in North Staffs it's chilly and windy too,  just the day to have the porch door adjusted.  Hope it's not a big job!

I have been thinking !?!?!??!(sometimes I do this more than actually doing anything!)  My thoughts were "what have I got that I have not or hardly used?"   In my stash of dies I have this....

die from Provocraft    -  CB Vintage Corners set.
I have used two of the corners many times and good they are too, but this one - never...... 


but now I have!

After cutting the die with the sandwich   A / B / Card / Die cut side down / B  (Don't use the C plate - it will break).  I coloured the white card with three distress inks and then embossed with extra thick embossing powder.  I've found that if you use this thicker powder you get a better result  if you emboss from underneath - not soooo much flies round the room!

I'm really pleased with my enamel looking embellishment    -    now all I need to do is think again on how to use it!  Watch this space.....

4 comments:

Nessie said...

Hi Ikki,
It's me again from Scotland. I have to agree, I have the same set of dies and always used just the real corner ones. But one day, I used the one you used today and still could not find a way to use iton my cards. So I cut it diagonally and used it as very attractive corners - and with one cut you have 2 die cuts. They look also quite nice as photo corners.
Warmest wishes,
Nessie

kay said...

love your enamel effect,x

Jackie said...

Brilliant Ikki. You've made me think about the dies I have rarely or never used so now methinks I will have to have a look :o)
Jackie xx

Unknown said...

ooh - great embellishment - the self made ones are so satisfying...

You changed the look of your blog since I last blog hopped (last week) - I like it... think I might do mine...

Paula x x x