Hi

Hi, Thanks for dropping by.

My name is Eileen but to friends in the card making world I'm known as 'ikki'. (which is pronounced I-KEY) From where or how this came about I'm not sure - it just got shorten from my original craft name of Ikemo by various friends along my crafting way! I started crafting whilst recouperating from an accident, and from my first attempts with peeloffs and paint - I was hooked! Now my passion is my BUG! and now BEADING!

In the Cupboard you will find ideas, news, tips and techniques to help you get more from this fab little machine. So come in - join the fun and Cuttle with me!


Friday 12 February 2010

My new stamps

Since everyone seems shy about their cards appearing in my Friday Followers' Gallery, I'm going to show you something I did yesterday. Following my TT post - I did look at some of my stamps.....


The Verve stamps I received only yesterday as my prize from a Stamptacular Sunday Challenge.  The See-D's are the first stamps I bought and have had very limited use (never known what to do with them - does this ring a bell?).  The bird cage stamps are from Creative Expressions, and the flower set from Personal Expressions.  So what to do with this lot????

Out came my Distress inks.  Peeled Paint, Broken China, Mustard Seed, Spiced Marmelade, Dried Marigold and Black Soot.  What fab names they give these inks!  I started by creating a background and then added elements of my stamps, distressed and inked the edges......and this was the finished result.   Can you spot the stamps I've used?

I have to admit this was my second attempt...the first I had trouble with keeping the black ink from marking the background when I wasn't looking.  You think I've a tidy craftroom, but this doesn't stop me being a messy worker!  I'm real chuffed with the end result -  now the only thing I have to decided  is how to make a card with it??!?!?!?!?  

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi
Well worth using a gorgeous creation.
Chris x

Betty J Schaub said...

Ikki this is a beautiful card! Love the colors and the stamps are OFTW!

I have a question for you and I can not find your e-mail address on your blog. So I will ask here. I host the PCP CUTTLEBUG challenges every Sunday and I was wondering if I could add a link to one of your tutorials for the crafters to use for an upcoming challenge. This one #11 Nestabilities and Cuttlebug Thanks for your time and your inspiration.
Betty aka ZacksNana

craftymum said...

Hi
A gorgeous creation. You could put this a frame. It is sop beautiful
Love Sarah XXX

Jackie said...

This is so beautiful and I love that sentiment :o)
Jackie xx

Unknown said...

This is gorgeous Eileen, fab colouring and love the sentiment.

Barbaraxx

Nanabugaboo said...

Beautiful. I like seeing alternative ways to use my stamps.
Keep up the good work.

nanabugaboo

Chrissie said...

This is just fabulous. I love the effect you have achieved. The stamps are super too!
Chrissie

Artyjen said...

Gorgeous! Love how you have used the stamps and the colour too.
xoxo

Fiona said...

This is a real work of art. Love the colours and all the stamps, especially the sentiment.
Fiona x

Canonbury creations said...

Hi Ikki
What a beautiful card and I love the sentiment. I also have a few stamps that I never seem to use but after watching Stamp Addicts on Create and Craft yesterday I am inspired! Sarah created a masterboard and then used the final result in different ways. Check out The Purple Zone. The stamps they were demoing are lovely and I am having great fun using them x