Hi

Hi, Thanks for dropping by.

My name is Eileen but to friends in the card making world I'm known as 'ikki'. (which is pronounced I-KEY) From where or how this came about I'm not sure - it just got shorten from my original craft name of Ikemo by various friends along my crafting way! I started crafting whilst recouperating from an accident, and from my first attempts with peeloffs and paint - I was hooked! Now my passion is my BUG! and now BEADING!

In the Cupboard you will find ideas, news, tips and techniques to help you get more from this fab little machine. So come in - join the fun and Cuttle with me!


Monday 22 February 2010

Nestabilities - Stamping - Distress and Alcohol Inks

Monday again and my card today is one that you might have caught a glimse of last week if you had a nosey round my desk last Wednesday! (WOYWW).
This is a special card that I made for Andrea - I really enjoyed doing this because Andrea has been really helpful and encouraging - and she is the reason why my crafting skills have improved and also who is to blame for getting me into stamping, and distress inks, and alcohol inks - where will you take me to next I wonder???!!!???


The borders I cut with the Spade Borderabilities. 
I cut two different papers at once.  From the top brown one I pushed out all the small pieces and....
added them to the main front DP to give a two tone effect for decorating the inside of the card. 

The image, another from Chris Dark, I coloured with promarkers, die cut with the Label 4 die, inked the edges with 2 shades of distress ink  and then triple embossed. 

The mat is cut with the next size up Label 4 die out of silver mirror card.  This I coloured with alcohol inks (Lettuce, Black and Mushroom) and then  embosed with the Script folder.

The chipboard letter started out  pale blue in colour, but with the same AI treatment this was easy to change.  Then  with a bit more triple embossing it looked the part.  You'd never had guessed it was anything other - blue what blue? 

Have a good Monday.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

wow Ikki - your techniques are great and the mirri card looks sooo different with the alcohol ink on, I really need to try this. I haven't made a single card over the weekend - i've been faffing with more flowers.

Paula x x x

Andrea, said...

Oh this is such a beautiful card Eileen and I love all the added details. I really must get my alcohol inks and mirri card out as it looks stunning.
I think I'll get you into the Cricut next!!! Or maybe peel offs again as I am going a bit peel off mad at the moment, just ask Ann!!
Thank you so much for this gorgeous card, have a fab week and see you soon.

Julia Dunnit said...

I knew I liked it when I saw it last week! Lots of work in it Ikki!

PepPop said...

Wow I admire your patience for sticking all the little brown pieces onto the DP. Great card. Jaqui x

Merry said...

Great card Eileen...that spellbinder border is perfect. Really love the effect of the triple embossing, something I must still try to do.

Unknown said...

Really fab card Eileen, even better 'in the flesh'

Barbaraxx