Hi

Hi, Thanks for dropping by.

My name is Eileen but to friends in the card making world I'm known as 'ikki'. (which is pronounced I-KEY) From where or how this came about I'm not sure - it just got shorten from my original craft name of Ikemo by various friends along my crafting way! I started crafting whilst recouperating from an accident, and from my first attempts with peeloffs and paint - I was hooked! Now my passion is my BUG! and now BEADING!

In the Cupboard you will find ideas, news, tips and techniques to help you get more from this fab little machine. So come in - join the fun and Cuttle with me!


Monday 15 February 2010

Nestabilitie Label No. 2

My card today is one of my "less is more" ideas.  Looks simple; is simple, but the simplicity actually gives the card an elegance, and it also looks expensive!


I have used a linen cardstock and embossed with Swiss Dots - the line finishing the pattern was made using my scoreboard.

The image is a digital from the very talented Chris Dark called Bluebells.  Having watercoloured the image, I die cut with the labels 4 die and embossed the edge. If you haven't got a tan mat, you can use an embossing pen to acheive the same look.

The edge colouring is attained with Distress Inks (Peeled Paint) and Cut'n'Dry foam.

To give the topper that extra lustre look - I triple embossed with Cosmic embossing powder.

Hope you like this one!

8 comments:

Heather said...

Hi you - stunningly beautiful in it's simplicity - love it!!!
hugs Heather xx

Jackie said...

Stunning isn't usually in my vocabulary, but this is Stunning with a capital S. Your colouring and shading is perfect :o)
Jackie xx

Aunty Sue said...

i would say more than like love.

PepPop said...

Beautiful card - I love the way you've coloured the image. Very stylish. Jaqui x

Unknown said...

Ikki - This is a stunning card and I really love that image too. It doesn't seem to matter which medium you use - your projects always turn out so professional looking.

Well done as usual!

Paula x x x

Kraftychick said...

Absolutely lovely! Love the nestibility - TFS!
jackie

Andrea, said...

Beautiful card Eileen, I love how you have coloured this image and the triple embossing. I'll pop back tomorrow for a nosey!!!

Sharon said...

That's so beautiful. I especially love the colour of ink you've used.