Hi

Hi, Thanks for dropping by.

My name is Eileen but to friends in the card making world I'm known as 'ikki'. (which is pronounced I-KEY) From where or how this came about I'm not sure - it just got shorten from my original craft name of Ikemo by various friends along my crafting way! I started crafting whilst recouperating from an accident, and from my first attempts with peeloffs and paint - I was hooked! Now my passion is my BUG! and now BEADING!

In the Cupboard you will find ideas, news, tips and techniques to help you get more from this fab little machine. So come in - join the fun and Cuttle with me!


Monday 23 November 2009

Spellbinder - Die cuts

Hiya, Today I thought I would show you this card (No.19) and the way that I have used the Spellbinder Oval Classic Standard and Scalloped die.

The materials used:
Cardstock 6" x 8"
Spellbinder - Ovals
Papers: Basic Grey
Stamp: Inkadinkado
Bits and Pieces

I like this style of card made by making a 2" front flap -  it shows off two of these lovely papers from BG. Some of the stamping on the ground paper has been added by me!!

On the close-up of the embellishment you will see that I have chalked the edge of the oval.  You can add colour to a dit cut in two ways:

1.  With a sponge or cut and dry foam - drag the colour in from the edge until you have sufficient shading.

2.  Leave the shape in the die and use as a stencil - chalk or ink - when the die is removed you then have a white edge and colour as well.

Drop by tomorrow and see the cards I'm taking to a sales day at the Hospital.  To all the kind crafters who donated cards, I will let you know how I got on on Wednesday. 

If you read my post yesterday re tips on embossing folders, I have added a couple of very useful tips which I forgot about at the time of writing - namely embossing larger cards and using an MFP. Can't think why I forgot these two because they are so helpful in extending the useage of your folders!

4 comments:

Andrea, said...

Fab card Eileen, I love the cute snowman and the papers

Mrs Bs Blog said...

Such a fabby card, the snowman is very cute. xxx

di said...

Thank you so much for all your helpful hints ! I started making Christmas cards using my Cuttlebug this weekend, and found your blog cause I was having issues. I just read ALL your posts ! Very helpful..

Question -- when embossing thin paper do you have any hints for not ripping the paper. My Christmas Houses folder always rips my paper along the roof lines...

Merry said...

Such a wonderful card...love that little flap idea.