Hi

Hi, Thanks for dropping by.

My name is Eileen but to friends in the card making world I'm known as 'ikki'. (which is pronounced I-KEY) From where or how this came about I'm not sure - it just got shorten from my original craft name of Ikemo by various friends along my crafting way! I started crafting whilst recouperating from an accident, and from my first attempts with peeloffs and paint - I was hooked! Now my passion is my BUG! and now BEADING!

In the Cupboard you will find ideas, news, tips and techniques to help you get more from this fab little machine. So come in - join the fun and Cuttle with me!


Monday 2 November 2009

CUTTLEBUG TUTORIALS IN THE CUPBOARD

Hi, I'm late this morning, but as they say "better late than never". Lots of reasons why, but I won't bore you with them, I'll just get on with it!

This is my "it" this week. I'm told "it" is not my usual style, and I think that's right - but then perhaps I'm a changing like the times?!?!??!


To make the card:
Card 11" x 5 1/2"
Borderabilities - Spade
Crafts-two Daisy folder
Cuddly Buddly stamp
Basic Grey papers
various bits and pieces
Centre score the card, and then score again to make a "Z" card
On the front: shape with the border die cut and emboss. You do need the tan mat to do this.
Next placing the embossing daisy folder up to the cut pattern, emboss. Please take care not to force through the bug, you don't want to break it at this busy time of the year!

Embossing like this creates interest to the inside of the flap. Unfortunately at this stage I forgot to photo what I did next! Mind must be going! But, you will see from the finished card that I taped a patterned paper under the die cut and then stuck the flap down.

To complete the inside of the card - here I was adventurous for me, (which is probably why I forgot to photo the previously stage) I actually used stamps to enhance the paper!
The inside, after stamping and playing around with a couple of flowers, wire, ribbon and leaves.

The front flap - the embossing and die cut came out well!Not sure whether I should have added the image, but I do like her!
Have a good week, I'll be back on Thursday with an update on my DAC appeal and ....?????? See you then.

6 comments:

Lynne K said...

Maybe not your usual style, but it's lovely!

Annie said...

I love your embossed card with the cute CB coloured image! I do lurk on your blog a lot - so thought I should leave you a comment as you used that cute image today!
hugs, annie x

Pink Dandelion said...

'It' might not be your usual style but 'It' is gorgeous. Thanks for the instructions, might have a go myself. Debs xx

Merry said...

This is a lovely card and I really like the fold and the colours you have used. Thanks for leaving the info re: those folders on my blog.

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Hi Ikki
This really is beautiful, and thank you for the tutorial on how you made it. Love the shades of green, and the cute little image!
Hugs, Sylvia xxx

Chrissie said...

What you can achieve with a Cuttlebug machine is amazing. Your imagination seems endless!
A Cuddly Buddly image too!