Hi

Hi, Thanks for dropping by.

My name is Eileen but to friends in the card making world I'm known as 'ikki'. (which is pronounced I-KEY) From where or how this came about I'm not sure - it just got shorten from my original craft name of Ikemo by various friends along my crafting way! I started crafting whilst recouperating from an accident, and from my first attempts with peeloffs and paint - I was hooked! Now my passion is my BUG! and now BEADING!

In the Cupboard you will find ideas, news, tips and techniques to help you get more from this fab little machine. So come in - join the fun and Cuttle with me!


Thursday 26 November 2009

Nestabilitie Squares - Christmas Card No.21

Hi Cuttlers all, Well I do feel better this morning - no pains and the sky is bright and NO rain! What a difference a day makes!!
Today I would like to show you a card that I received from my blogging mate, Chrissie.

Chrissie makes very stylish cards and beleive me is a great crafter with great ideas. If you have not seen her work - pop over and visit you won't regret it.

Squares - simple but how effective!  The idea made me think Nestie Squares - and an easy way of producing a SQUARE mat accurately and quickly - even if you haven't got a set of Nesties as large as you need!  So....(with permission)...from Chrissie.... I cut 2 different sized squares from Basic Grey paper and matted them on red card to produced 2 bigger squares.


After stamping the edge of the largest red square with a holly stamp and inking the edges,I then added a dusting with gold metalic Perfect Pearls (one of my must have's two years ago and not used - will I ever learn!!)

Then square just needed to the mounted on gold card and with a few embellishments the card was finished.



A completely different card but using the same priniciples - Squares!  Thanks for the idea Chrissie - you help me make my Christmas Card No.20.

5 comments:

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Very elegant card Eileen, and so beautiful.
Love, Sylvia xx

Merry said...

Oh wow...both of these cards look wonderful. Love the way you did the edge of your red card.

Jackie said...

A superb card and I agree about Chrissie, hers is one of my favourite blogs to visit :o)
Jackie xx

Gibmiss said...

great card izzi chrissie is a fab card maker i love all her ideas
hugs
sylvie
x

Chrissie said...

You flatter me Eileen, as I get so many ideas from you!!
Just lovely!
Chrissie