Hi

Hi, Thanks for dropping by.

My name is Eileen but to friends in the card making world I'm known as 'ikki'. (which is pronounced I-KEY) From where or how this came about I'm not sure - it just got shorten from my original craft name of Ikemo by various friends along my crafting way! I started crafting whilst recouperating from an accident, and from my first attempts with peeloffs and paint - I was hooked! Now my passion is my BUG! and now BEADING!

In the Cupboard you will find ideas, news, tips and techniques to help you get more from this fab little machine. So come in - join the fun and Cuttle with me!


Wednesday 18 November 2009

Cuttlebug, Nestabilites, Borderabilities - Christmas 14

My Cuttlebug, Embossing Folders, Nestabilities, Borderabilities all have contributed to making this card

I used:
6" x 6" White Linen card
Crafts-too-you Snowflake folder
Borderabilities -Spade die
Nestabilites - Mega Rectangle
Dark blue paper, ink, various stamps
Ribbon, gem and stickles

Using the card as a tent fold - debossed the pattern so that it overlaps the centre fold, which you can then finish off with a scored line. This give a decorative edge to the inside of the card.

Stamping always gives me the jitters....
especially when I try to be clever! You will see that I have only die cut part of the Mega Rectangle Nestabilitie. The edges I chalked and added stickles in parts.
Now I stamped a border on the plain paper, and attached to the card leaving the top edge open to make a flap for the die cut to slot into. A dark blue wide ribbon covers the join.

Taking the ribbon over to the inside, (along with the now embossed pattern showing) the card is nicely decorated with the addition of a star.

The card was completed by sticking 2 Spades Borders together, one in blue the other in silver mirror board. You can see this technique here. All I needed then was a sprig of holly!
I like to ring the changes and try something different. This turned out well and I felt pleased to have combined different techniques, folders and dies. I buy must have's, but don't use - I think you'll know what I mean!

This is card No.14....nearly half way!!!! See ya tomorrow.

3 comments:

Lynne said...

Lovely card - very clever. I like those borders. Lynne.x

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

This is so beautiful Eileen, and once again thank you for sharing the instructions. I do love using my CB, but am not very good at "inventing" new ways of using the dies and folders. Your tutorials are so helpful, and you keep coming up with fabulous new ideas - thank you so much.
Love, Sylvia xx

Jackie said...

What a beautiful card. Thank you for the tutorial. I love the embossing before folding and will be trying it myself :o)
Jackie xx