Hi

Hi, Thanks for dropping by.

My name is Eileen but to friends in the card making world I'm known as 'ikki'. (which is pronounced I-KEY) From where or how this came about I'm not sure - it just got shorten from my original craft name of Ikemo by various friends along my crafting way! I started crafting whilst recouperating from an accident, and from my first attempts with peeloffs and paint - I was hooked! Now my passion is my BUG! and now BEADING!

In the Cupboard you will find ideas, news, tips and techniques to help you get more from this fab little machine. So come in - join the fun and Cuttle with me!


Monday 21 September 2009

Spellbinders Nestabilities and Shapeabilities - Christmas

Christmas and Spellbinders - what a great combination for crafters! I recently got the New Shapeabilities Create a Flake 1 die cuts and boy oh boy am I pleased with them. They have given me so many new ideas and were just what I needed to make me get off my butt and do something.....

This is the first of my Christmas cards done on the Bug.

I used:
CB Winter Scene
Nesties - Plain and Scalloped Oval
2 Snowflake Shapeabilitie Dies
Basic Grey Paper
6 x 6 White Linen Card
White and Siliver Card
White and Red Ribbon, snowman embellishment, tag
and of course Glitter

First task is to cover your front card with your choice of paper.
I particularly love the Basic Grey Wassail Range - it seems to be modern and yet traditional at the same time!

Cut a scalloped oval - you could emboss this, or as I found when using a heavy weight silver mirror board the embossing did itself!

Cut a plain oval and emboss the edge with either your tan mat or an embossing pen.
Emboss the plain oval with the CB winter scene folder and
add some Sparkles or glitter on the roofs and foreground.
I also added a snowman.
There are five shapes of snowflakes in the pack - I used two and
embossed them using a tan mat.The dies are far to intricate to use the embossing pen. You definitely need a TAN mat.


To finish the card I have added White and Red ribbon, with a bow and tag.
I really enjoyed making this card, and I have a feeling that these snowflakes will be appearing again, and again before the big day!


To illustrate the flakes, I have cut out all five dies, using two layers of paper. This went through the Bug no prob. You will see that you get a lot of flakes this way.
Using two colours you can get some interesting combinations. Unfortunately my camera didn't hold still (!)for the closeup shots, but I think you will be able to see the embossing.





Happy Cuttling,




14 comments:

Sarah said...

Dashing this morning but will be back later, I got snowflakes 2 and not used them yet. Sarah DC - SS73

Anonymous said...

Great tutorial once again. thanks ikki. Louise Score DC

Anonymous said...

Another great tutorial, might have to invest in these they're fab. Thanks for sharing. Carolk (docrafts)

Chrissie said...

Ooh yummy. Those Spellbinders are sumpin' else. The people on your Christmas Card list are going to be very lucky!
Chrissie

Christine said...

Hi Ikki thanks for the inspiration..I have just bought these at Harrogate & used them once but like the idea of using patt. card stock, thanks for sharing...

hugs Christine xx

Anonymous said...

Great tutorial again Ikki, thank you. Wow, those snowflake dies look fab. Can't afford any more crafty goodies at the moment but definately one to bear in mind for the future. That solid star shape would make good poinsettia flowers too don't you think?
Julie Mae (DC)

Lynne K said...

Lovely card, & the snowflakes are so pretty. You just might have tempted me to start making some Christmas cards before December!

Jennie - The Crafty Wife said...

Brilliant tutorial as usual,Ikki. Your CB knowledge is superb and you share so openheartedly, thank you.

Steph said...

lovely cards, enjoying your posts as usual, and getting some inspiration!! Haven't seen the snowflake dies must go and have a look! Take care Steph

Linda M said...

ooohhh I can feel another "must have" purchase!!! Great tutorial.

Kay said...

Hi! I just found your blog. What wonderful, beautiful cards with your cuttlebug. I LOVE MY CUTTLEBUG and you have definitely inspired me!!

Unknown said...

Hi Eileen, hope you are well, love what you have done with these fabulous snowflakes. This is on my birthday list!

Barbaraxx

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Stunning card Eileen, and thank you for showing us all the Nestie snowflakes - they are fabulous. I do like the way you've cut out the embossed snow scene with the oval Nesties.
Sylvia x

Whisper said...

I've done a card with Paula Pascal using these snowflakes they are just gorgeous, love the winter snow scene in the oval, Sam x