Hi

Hi, Thanks for dropping by.

My name is Eileen but to friends in the card making world I'm known as 'ikki'. (which is pronounced I-KEY) From where or how this came about I'm not sure - it just got shorten from my original craft name of Ikemo by various friends along my crafting way! I started crafting whilst recouperating from an accident, and from my first attempts with peeloffs and paint - I was hooked! Now my passion is my BUG! and now BEADING!

In the Cupboard you will find ideas, news, tips and techniques to help you get more from this fab little machine. So come in - join the fun and Cuttle with me!


Monday 28 September 2009

Spellbinders Nestabilitie Labels

There are times when you have such a pretty paper or strong coloured cardstock that all you need is a fancy tag or label to complete your card. That is how this project came about.

For the tag:
Two pieces of coloured card
Two different sizes of plain oval dies
Two different sizes of scalloped oval dies
Acetate
Stamp


Using the smallest plain oval, cut, emboss and stamp sentiment.






Using the largest scalloped oval, cut and emboss









Using the largest plain oval, with the smallest scallop oval, cut a frame








With the same plain oval cut a piece of acetate








Assembled and with a bit of ribbon, you get this effect. Posh Tag!







Now I need a card for the tag:
Largest Curved Rectangle Nestabilitie Die
CB folder Swiss Dots
Flowers, ribbon, gems
Stamp

Placing the die just over the centre fold line, cut the card. If you use a heavy quality cardstock you may have probs cutting. If so, run through the bug twice, and you could also try turning the partially cut die slightly to cut on a different angle. (hope this makes sense!)





Add two different ribbons to the edge and knot on the inside.










My finished card and tag.



My next post will be on Thursday, lst October.
Thanks for dropping by, hope you have a good week.

11 comments:

Heather said...

Beautiful Eileen - just up my street with those fabulous colours. I shall certainly be trying this one out and I'm thinking Christmas cards !!!
hugs Heather xx
Hope you're having a fab holiday and don't forget - I'm going next time if you're gonna be seasick again lol.

Ann said...

That's lovely - needs nothing else. Thanks for an excellent tutorial!

renate evres said...

very nice
greating Renate

Lynne K said...

That's really lovely. Simple, but so effective.

Anonymous said...

Great Tutorial Ikki.

I was talking about you yesterday to another follower. We both think your fab.

Louise Score DC

Gibmiss said...

hi ikki, thats a fab idea thanks for that
hugs sylvie x

lil-paper-pixie said...

Oh I like that idea, thanks for the inspiration.

Hugs

Sarah

Unknown said...

Hi Eileen, fab idea and fab tutorial, as always. Love this idea and a lovely card, hope you are well.
Barbaraxx

Kim Dellow said...

Gorgeous card, I love how you did the sentiment - thanks for sharing. Kim

Chrissie said...

Beautiful in its simplicity. Great card yet again!
Chrissie

Unknown said...

What a lovely project!

Luv Jane XX