Hi

Hi, Thanks for dropping by.

My name is Eileen but to friends in the card making world I'm known as 'ikki'. (which is pronounced I-KEY) From where or how this came about I'm not sure - it just got shorten from my original craft name of Ikemo by various friends along my crafting way! I started crafting whilst recouperating from an accident, and from my first attempts with peeloffs and paint - I was hooked! Now my passion is my BUG! and now BEADING!

In the Cupboard you will find ideas, news, tips and techniques to help you get more from this fab little machine. So come in - join the fun and Cuttle with me!


Monday 8 June 2009

Spellbinders Butterfly Nestabilities

For my new Spellbinders Butterfly Nestabilities, I have to thank Liz from Making a Lasting Impression for sponsoring this project. I can highly recommend her as a very reliable and efficient supplier. In this day and age, it's good to find someone like her to buy from.

For this project you need a 4" x 4" card and various paper butterfly shapes. Position the largest butterfly die on the cardstock as shown taking care not to cut the centre fold. Stick the patterned paper to
the card front and inside front.








Open the card and emboss the back inside. You will need a Tan embossing mat to do this, or an embossing pen. If you are looking for a tan mat, which is the only one to use in the Cuttlebug - you can purchase these in a special 6" x 6" size at Making a Lasting Impression. What an appropriate name since the tan mat certainly does make a deep lasting impression!



On the front of the card I have used the small butterfly to make an aperture.






My finished card with a bit of wire, chalking and stamping.
I think these Butterfly dies would make lovely novelty cards for any occasion, or gift tags or for a journalling and embellishments on a scrapbook page.















I enjoyed making this card so much that I started again! This time I cover a 5 x 5 card with one of my treasured papers and and cut a number of different sized butterflies.





After sticking the large butterfly onto card I debossed with the Divine Swirls folder and cut out a small butterfly aperture and inserted a small gold butterfly for contrast.



Assembling the card was a crafting pleasure. A bit of wire, a few gems, chalk and a bit of cutting and glueing ... and I had this.....






I think my butterfly dies are going to be used a lot!!!

Hope you like these cards and feel tempted to try them. Happy Cuttling,

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fantastic results as usual Ikki. Especially love the debossed patterned butterfly, I must experiment more with embossing patterned papers. Would love to add more nestabilities to my stash and agree about your supplier, fantastic service received by me too.
Julie Mae (DC)

Kim Dellow said...

What a fab idea Ikki, Lovely work. Kim

Lynne said...

Just found your great blog, very inspirational. Lovely ideas and designs.

Chrissie said...

Good Grief Ikki, I'm going to have to get the butterfly Nesties after reading this tutorial.
I must agree... Liz from Make a Lasting Impression is THE best! Totally recommended seller!
Chrissie