Hi

Hi, Thanks for dropping by.

My name is Eileen but to friends in the card making world I'm known as 'ikki'. (which is pronounced I-KEY) From where or how this came about I'm not sure - it just got shorten from my original craft name of Ikemo by various friends along my crafting way! I started crafting whilst recouperating from an accident, and from my first attempts with peeloffs and paint - I was hooked! Now my passion is my BUG! and now BEADING!

In the Cupboard you will find ideas, news, tips and techniques to help you get more from this fab little machine. So come in - join the fun and Cuttle with me!


Monday 16 March 2009

Cuttlebug News

Hi there, guess what - I'm still on holiday, but as promised I want to show you a preview of my next week's tutorial. My friends on Docraft have been waiting for some time to see how I acheived this. So friends, you won't have much longer to wait!

Last week I asked you to tell me what my new flower was made from.
Did you guess right? It was made from this - yes, a tea light candle holder!

and a green candle at that! Just how green can you get!

Take a look at the die shown last week -the reason it worked was because the petal centres did not cut through the metal at the middle of the die as they would on card. I did this for an experiment - You do this at your own risk, because I don't know your machine and how much pressure there is on the roller. It seems all machines differ.

The only guide line can be - never force anything.


Next week I will be looking at making a similar card to this using the Stylized Flowers folder and die cuts



I hope you like it and will drop by to see just how I made this folder work for me.....

2 comments:

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

SO gorgeous! I can't believe the amazing things you try out & your finished projects are SOooooooh stunning!!! :O)

Chrissie said...

What an inventive mind, to think of using a tealight holder to make a flower! Amazing!
Not quite sure how you managed it... it's stunning!
Chrissie